Võnnu St Jacob’s Church of the Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church
Come and see one of the biggest and oldest country churches in Estonia – Võnnu St Jacob’s Church. Church was built 1232-1236. The altar of the church is adorned by the painting ‘Christ on the Cross' (Otto von Moeller, 1873). Several buildings of the rectory (19th century) are architectural monuments. The church is surrounded by a 2 ha park established in the beginning of the 19th century. Interesting facts: - the organ of Võnnu Church (1895) is considered one of the clearest sounding instruments in Estonia; - the classicist tomb monument to R von Nolcken, who fell in the Battle of Borodino, can be seen in the church (sculptor Paolo Triscorni).